Filed under: Sunlit Living | Tags: Easter grass, eco-friendly Easter, green Easter, green Easter baskets, Greensun, GREENSUN Recycling, grow your own Easter grass, live Easter grass, sustainable Easter grass, wheat berries, wheatgrass juice
Planting live wheatberry Easter Grass for baskets is lovely, sustainable and has nutritional value.
1. Purchase organic hard wheat berries for about $1.98/lb. from your local
market in the bulk granola department.
2. Soak the wheat berries overnight in warm water.
3. Plant thickly dispersed covering the top of soil in a basket liner, planters, etc.
4. Cover with wet cloth or paper towels and keep moist until sprouted in several days.
5. Remove covering and expose to sunlight indoors or out.
6. In 7-14 days live bright green wheat grass is ready for Easter.
7. After Easter, juice nutritional edible wheatgrass and serve in 1 oz. shot glasses.
Here is a kit for living Easter grass:
Other uses for live wheatberry grass are outdoor planters, fairy gardens, and table centerpieces.
Your child can have a green Easter and grow a basket of real Easter grass.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment